DisclaimerThis blog is run by Geoff Brumfiel, an employee of the venerable Nature Magazine. The views expressed herein are wholly his own and do not represent those of Nature, its many, many sister journals, the Nature Publishing Group, Macmillan Pubilshing, or Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH.
- Most chilling section of #MH17 report: O2 masks deployed; Passengers "barely able to comprehend" the situation. twitter.com/DoualyX/status… 3 hours ago
- Dutch report on #mh17 crash: The Ukrainians kept airspace open despite SAM activity, NOTAM's never issued, @icao did nothing. 3 hours ago
- Trying to end the week on a high note: "Dung beetles love... Dung." youtube.com/watch?v=CSuskD… 3 days ago
- Here's happier Fri news: A NFL player/mathematician is fundraising for a student who'd like to study at @CERN. twitter.com/JohnCUrschel/s… 3 days ago
- The @AP reports the death toll from last month's Hajj stampede is 1470, almost double the official figure: bigstory.ap.org/article/17f865… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Science (sortta)
A few weeks ago on Twitter, a Japanese guy named Yukari Takasugi pinged me (and a lot of other journalists) with an incredible video. Without another word of comment, I give you Pluto-kun of plutonium: