DisclaimerThis blog is run by Geoff Brumfiel, an employee of the venerable Nature Magazine. The views expressed herein are wholly his own and do not represent those of Nature, its many, many sister journals, the Nature Publishing Group, Macmillan Pubilshing, or Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH.
- RT @planet4589: @gbrumfiel @CRBinz In particular, the NOAA satellites are the same basic design as USAF DMSP F13 which had battery explosio… 2 days ago
- RT @CRBinz: @gbrumfiel nope. 4th this year, by my count (although @planet4589 probably has a more rigorous list than I). see eg https://t.c… 2 days ago
- No idea what happened to NOAA-16, but looking back over some previous stories, satellite break-ups aren't unheard of. 2 days ago
- A satellite has apparently broken apart? On 25 Nov 2015 at 0816z @JointSpaceOps identified a possible breakup of NOAA 16. (via @jeff_foust) 2 days ago
- RT @alexwitze: History of #climate negotiations - told as graphic novel! By @RichMonastersky @Nsousanis nature.com/news/the-fragi… https://t.c… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I doubt many people were watching the opening round of the Olympic welterweight Taekwondo on Saturday morning, but I was. It was my last little taste of the games before it all came to an end. It was great. I … Continue reading